Sunday, July 29, 2007

I Need A Break, Updated

I have a paper due tomorrow. 2 pages on Luther and works.

It ought to be a breeze, and I actually had a little outline in my head.

I sat down to write and whoosh, out it went into the vapor.

To be replaced with this pounding thought: You have nothing original, or interesting, to say on this topic whatsoever.

I just deleted everything I've written so far. It wasn't that much, and it wasn't that good.

Says me.

Sigh.

I don't suppose I could turn in a paper that just says, I decline to complete the assignment, on account that writing for a grade would be an example of works righteousness, and according to Luther, that would just be wrong.

Yeah, I didn't think so either.

UPDATE: Finished, with an hour to spare. Just enough to time print, eat, shower, and get to school. Not my preferred mode of working, but oh well. The important thing is, it's done!

7 comments:

  1. Hey, it might be worth a shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well, I made my only B in that class, so I think my opinion is a little jaded. But, I love the idea of refusing to do it based on sound learning from class . . .
    Peace out, babe. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, but yes, I kinda liked your alternative idea as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sharing your ennui.

    I have a presentation on clergy response to child abuse (a topic I'm passionate about) due on Thursday. I got about half of it done, and have now come to a grinding stop. You've given me hope that I'll be able to restart and get the damn thing done. We do seem to be walking parallel paths these days...one of these days we have to do a meet-up..actually I'll be out in your neck of the woods later this month... email me if you're going to be around somewhere in Aug 18-22. Peace out, girl. We SHALL survive and thrive and triumph, and all that good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just described my entire college career...except that I would rush to the end, print it off while already late for class, sneak into Dallas hall, slide it under the Prof's door during class, and then go back and shower. Still not sure how I graduated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! That would totally depend on who's the prof. For my last paper of my third year, I attached a photo of my then 6 month old son with a speech bubble saying, "Please pass my Mommy!" Tink and Jean M.-S. got a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone, for your support and good humor!

    Mibi, we'll be in Guatemala then... too bad!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy and thanks for looking in the window. Glad to have your comments here, just please remember to be kind.