Sunday, July 1, 2007

Towanda Laughs At Herself

(Originally posted May, 2007).

I forgot how the Lord's Prayer starts today.

The thing is, I'm used to saying it the Bridgeport, inclusive, "Loving God" (rather than "Our Father") way. And I got ready to lead into it, and all I could think was "Loving God" and "oh *&%#, that's not what they say here!"

What seemed like an eternity was probably only about one panicked breath...I did remember and off we went.

What next, God?

And while I'm asking questions: Am I going to wake up as soon as light breaks every. Sunday. morning. from now until the end of summer, panicked that I've overslept and missed church? Poking on my cielo every 15 minutes, "Is it time to get up yet? What time is it? Did I oversleep?"

This is not conducive to getting good rest. Just in case you were wondering.

But I love HappyChurch, and they love me, and I guess that's all that counts!