Sunday, July 1, 2007

What Is My Problem?

(Originally posted May, 2007).

I should have been done with this paper hours ago. It's not even very hard, just a simple exegesis paper on the use of the verb "to love" in Deuteronomy. Not. Hard.

But I am so distracted. Check this, check that, play with the cats, check the baseball scores, get up and wander around, play solitaire on the computer, check something else, stretch, check the baseball scores again. I feel restless and perturbed -- unsettled -- and I've probably had too much coffee and I just want to finish this and go to bed.

Why is this so hard?

1 comment:

  1. (original post comments)
    # Pamela Says:
    Because you are so filled with love and a longing for peace in the world. And our world is so not peaceful. Not even our little corner.

    # Iris Says:
    Just write, Towanda! You can do it! Let it be a “good enough” paper. Then, go to bed. (says the pastor working on lessons at 1:oo am!)

    # Towanda Says:

    You are both so kind. I think it was “good enough,” and I went to bed, but slept like crap. Today I’m so tired and on the verge of tears, for which I’m not sure why. I don’t think it’s just being tired but that the non-stop last few weeks and the resulting tiredness is inhibiting my ability to process some stuff that really needs it. Pam, you could probably hear that in class yesterday…

    Sigh. I need to sleep for about 11 and half days.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy and thanks for looking in the window. Glad to have your comments here, just please remember to be kind.