Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tired

I was feeling better yesterday, almost like back in the land of the living, but today not so much. I think I'm just too tired. There's a confluence of events --
  • essentially not sleeping for 30-some hours the weekend of the protest (counting from when I got up Saturday morning to get ready to go),
  • not sleeping at all well since then (massively active anxiety dreams about protests and my affinity group folks -- going to one, coming from one, preparing for one -- and one guy from school who, as my counselor helps me to say, I experience as a total jerk who has been less than supportive publicly about all this, all of which means I wake up annoyed, distressed, and exhausted), and
  • a baseball playoff schedule thought up by insane people. I mean really, if I am in the same town as a team, why are they finishing at midnight? Does this schedule benefit anyone???
So, yeah. As a little pick-me-up before bedtime let me list a few things I'm thankful for.

  • My cielo who is a fierce mama bear and loving caretaker.
  • My affinity group folks who are so strong and courageous and inspire me.
  • My counselor, who Totally. Rocks.
  • The Rockies are going to the World Series!
  • Fall weather, trees changing, crisp breezes.
  • Somehow I did great on two quizzes this week that my brain was not quite ready for.
  • My folks who are so supportive.
  • Friends who love me.
  • Coffee dates with TheologyBabe.
  • HappyChurch -- my "support committee" for my internship graciously agreed to help me with one of my learning goals: to learn to trust a healthy church!
  • The kitties snuggling up in bed.
  • Our comfy bed with the new lavender sheets we bought as a treat.
Hmm...speaking of bed...

Peace, y'all --

1 comment:

  1. Canadian baseball fan entirely in agreement about the weirdness of the playoff schedule!

    Go Rockies!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy and thanks for looking in the window. Glad to have your comments here, just please remember to be kind.