Friends, it's nearly Thanksgiving in the U.S. and it's the time of year when we are pressed to name things for which we are thankful. I want to offer a twist on the usual lists and use Paul's letter to the church at Philippi as a model. Name five things that are true, honorable, just, pure, pleasing, commendable, excellent or worthy of praise. These could be people, organizations, acts, ideas, works of art, pieces of music--whatever comes to mind for you.
1. See the picture. (If you're new here, see this post, and this one).
2. Another picture: Our kitties! They make me happy. Notice they are both in the smaller of TWO baskets...
3. Another picture (I guess this is the theme today...): The most holy and sacred mountain, Pedernal, in northern New Mexico.
4. I've got this song on my mind today...
5. Is it fair to reference my own poetry? Because I am still moved by what I wrote about here.
I'm adding my own bonus: My cielo, because she is all these things: true, honorable, just, pure, pleasing, commendable, excellent, and worthy of praise.