Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Five: True Edition

From the revgals, songbird offers up this prompt:

Friends, it's nearly Thanksgiving in the U.S. and it's the time of year when we are pressed to name things for which we are thankful. I want to offer a twist on the usual lists and use Paul's letter to the church at Philippi as a model. Name five things that are true, honorable, just, pure, pleasing, commendable, excellent or worthy of praise. These could be people, organizations, acts, ideas, works of art, pieces of music--whatever comes to mind for you.

1. See the picture. (If you're new here, see this post, and this one).















2. Another picture: Our kitties! They make me happy. Notice they are both in the smaller of TWO baskets...
















3. Another picture (I guess this is the theme today...): The most holy and sacred mountain,
Pedernal, in northern New Mexico.
















4. I've got this song on my mind today...



5. Is it fair to reference my own poetry? Because I am still moved by what I wrote about here.

I'm adding my own bonus: My cielo, because she is all these things:
true, honorable, just, pure, pleasing, commendable, excellent, and worthy of praise.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still moved by it, too, and by your courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome play and more than awesome poem.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy and thanks for looking in the window. Glad to have your comments here, just please remember to be kind.