Sunday, November 16, 2008

Towanda Does A Wedding

So, our new little church community celebrated its first wedding tonight, of a very sweet couple from Mexico. I was humbled and honored to be asked to do the ceremony. It was a simple ceremony -- they had already done the civil part, so we got to focus on the love, which, if you ask me, is how it should be.

They were so shy, from all the fuss, I think. But they loved it, loved the promises I had written for them after listening to them and watching them, both together and how they are in the community.

I feel very moved that my first wedding was for a couple from Mexico who are immigrants. Seems very right to me, considering my own journey to where I am today began in large part on the Mexican border so many years ago.

I'm very content tonight, and I wish E. and F. all the best in their partnership.