Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Marschallin Monday on Tuesday

I was traveling yesterday, but the Marschallin is never far from my heart. Here are a few clips from the Met HD broadcast in 2010 that started it all for me.  Fleming, Graham, Schafer.



Giggling women in bed behind Placido, overture, and opening scene:



I remember so clearly:  Wait, what?  There are WOMEN IN BED TOGETHER ON MY SCREEN.  How is this happening?  Also:  Renee Fleming captures my heart.

Are there any men in this?  Don't care.



The infamous trio made me weep: 


How can anything be so beautiful, so full of yearning and grief and joy?

Also:  Marschallin, dearest, I'm happy to offer you some comfort.

And also:  I maintain that Octavian is a fool. #ChooseTheMarschallin

2 comments:

  1. Vienna's a small town, you know that can't have been the end of it...

    ReplyDelete

Howdy and thanks for looking in the window. Glad to have your comments here, just please remember to be kind.