(Originally posted June, 2007).
How exciting, my very first "tag!" Thanks, Gallycat!
First, the rules. Then, the meme.
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3.At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I have a scar on my throat from when I had a tracheotomy when I was 2 and 1/2. I had croup, was in the hospital, quit breathing, turned black. People never notice the scar until I point it out. Sometimes it itches.
2. Sometimes I put myself to sleep imagining I'm pitching 12-to-6 curveballs and sharp sliders for strikes. Or that I'm the batter, taking batting practice.
3. If you have not met me -- my left eyebrow grows upward into a point on the outer end. I inherited this from my grandfather. I get very annoyed at people who try to "fix" it. I can also cock that eyebrow sharply, which came in handy when I taught junior high, and I could cock the eyebrow and look over the top of my glasses. Tended to shut the kids up quick.
4. I used to be terrified of thunderstorms until my brother and I got caught in one when we were camping. It thundered and lightninged all night, with nothing between us and the storm but a thin piece of nylon. The next morning the creek 20 yards away had flooded. Usually it came up to about your ankles...I waded out into the deepest part and it came up to the middle of my chest. Thankfully, the bank was higher on the campsite side, so our site didn't flood.
5. Sometimes when I'm writing a paper or a sermon and the words just won't come -- usually because I'm afraid of them -- I will actually cry.
6. I managed to make an A in Hebrew (actually averaged over 100) without really learning the last three chapters worth of vocabulary. I'd just review them the night before the quiz and again the morning of. Yikes.
7. One of my favorite books of the Bible is quickly becoming Deuteronomy. Yup. I'm definitely a Bible nerd. And proud of it!
8. I read Sports Illustrated every week. Often, there is some very good writing there. Then I pass it off to a seminary friend, who no one would expect would read SI or even care about sports (folks are surprised I do, too). But she is a die-hard Patriots fan. In one window, she has a protest sign saying "Stop the deaths in Oaxaca" and migrant death memorial crosses. In the other window, she has a newspaper-page sized photo of Tom Brady celebrating a Super Bowl win. I love that about her.
OK, now to tag -- let's see: How about Milton, tngirl, Iris (when she gets back from vacation -- see you tomorrow!), Sulia, Donna, Tess. For the 8th person -- anyone else out there wanna play, feel free!