Monday, May 5, 2008

Gulp...

The trial starts two weeks from today.

I am trying not to think in "X weeks from today" increments. Just focusing on what I need to get done today, and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. But it's starting to sneak in.

We have a meeting with the lawyers tomorrow. Thinking about that makes my heart pound. The other trials have mostly met with partial guilty verdicts, and tougher sentences than the January trial. We did have two people get completely exonerated last week, which was encouraging news. I am curious as to what our strategy will be.

Other encouraging news: the Colorado ACLU is investigating the city for violating our rights regarding excessive jail time and not allowing us to post bond and all that mess. We'll see what happens with that!

Hope y'all are well. Back to schoolwork for me!