Sunday, June 22, 2008

New Church Going!

So tonight was the second worship of the new church. So far, so good. We have had 14 and 13 people come, respectively. I think that's pretty good considering I have had no time to do much more than the bare minimum of advertising. People are singing enthusiastically and participating in the Bible conversation (rather than a sermon) enthusiastically. These are many ways the most important things! Also the kids love communion -- we have the kids with us during the service, playing on a quilt or sitting with us or, as one sweet little girl did, wandering around the perimeter of the circle playing the claves.

Last week I was so nervous I could hardly stand it. Today I felt much better and I know as we grow into it, it will only get better, all the way around.