Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Day

My cielo graduates from Iliff tomorrow. I am so proud of her I can hardly stand it!

Her parents came yesterday for graduation, the first time they have ever visited us. They are very sweet to me; we aren't out to them, as they are of a much more conservative strain of Christianity, but they somehow "get" that my cielo and I go together, and they consider me a daughter.

My mom flew in this morning, the first time she has met my cielo's family. She is more excited to meet them even than the graduation. It's been a good day, so far.

My favorite part of the day so far: All of us sitting around the kitchen table drinking coffee and tea, laughing together about my cielo's dad trying to sneak another cookie; crying together while my cielo translated "The Summons," a hymn special to both of us, sung at my graduation and now at hers, and, it turns it out, meaningful to my dad as well; and all of us singing "Great is Thy Faithfulness" in Spanish (my mom humming along), which will be sung tomorrow as well.

Truly, a beautiful set of moments of 2 families sharing together. Made me very happy.

4 comments:

  1. So lovely to read this, what a lot of milestones in your lives recently!

    I bet her parents 'get' more than you think. Sometimes people just find it easier to agree not to verbalise things. Everyone at their own pace, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Can't wait to see your cielo graduate (though I kind of wish all my friends would quit graduating! Now I'll have to miss both of you when I'm at school!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful blending of love, in song

    ReplyDelete

Howdy and thanks for looking in the window. Glad to have your comments here, just please remember to be kind.